Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Conceptual Map

I wanted to share with you all my latest creation; I made a conceptual map I made for my Adv. Print Production Course. The map represents my sleep patterns as well as my dreams over a two-week period. I used the old mapping system they used for phrenology, which has been dismissed years ago, to place the dreams I had. The sleep chart documents the times I went to bed and woke up, the duration of my sleep and of course the naps I took.

The piece was hand drawn, scanned in through Photoshop then I colored it in Illustrator. After I was done doing that I printed it on an Epson Matte finish paper and hand stitched the graph of my sleep in the lower right hand corner. The final piece is 16x20 but folds down to 4x6 or something close to that. I will be making some minor changes to the piece before I put it in my portfolio but I thought I’d share this with you all.

Please feel free to leave comments.


Map in progress...




All the lines are now outlined and ready for scanning in...




This is where I had to break up the map to scan it in...



Final Map

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, very nice it is. Your work is growing.

jon jon said...

fresh like yo.