Monday, February 16, 2009

Dre Day Dress

Yo-It's been a hot min but mama has been extra busy with school, work and side projects. My latest creation was for Dre Day 2009 that we celebrated in MPLS this past Saturday. Here's the dress all finish! I started out with 2yrds of jersey fabric, a pattern, my mom's old singer portable sewing machine and then some paint. I did 7 Dre heads, because it was Dre Day VII this year, and then I added some pot leaves to the collar. I used metallic paints so it was a tad hard to get a good shot of the dress with the flash from my camera.

The final piece

Shot one of the pocket

Shot two of the pocket (you can still see where I was thinkin' of adding the VII-pencil marks!)

And the collar...yup

1 comment:

Gina said...

Love this day time dress!! You are so talented..